Legal Studies Minor
We offer an on-campus and distance Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts. Requirements for the on-campus and online programs vary. We also offer an interdisciplinary minor in legal studies designed for students who plan a career in law or related fields such as human resources, business, and communications. Besides a small number of courses every Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts major must take, everything else is up to you. No matter how many side roads you want to check out or different directions you find yourself heading as you’re choosing your liberal arts courses—it all works.
As an interdisciplinary liberal arts major, you will work with your Academic Success Coordinator (ASC) on finding just the right selection of courses and combination of academic experiences that fits you and where you’re eventually heading after graduation.
Interning is great way to gain real world experience within a professional environment, as well as one of the best ways to get your foot in the door of your chosen career path by making connections and enhancing your professional qualifications. Students who intern are more likely to have their future plans secured after graduation.
Our students have found internships working as photographers or desktop publishing designers, coordinators in a film festival, production assistants on film sets, social media communicators, just to name a few.
Students take responsibility for researching and locating an internship, which leaves a lot of freedom to tailor your experience to your specific interests! Follow this easy guide to the I-LA internship process:
- Once your internship application has been submitted and approved, be sure to read over the Intern Liability and Workers Compensation informational sheet. Please sign and return this form to the Internship Coordinator to acknowledge that you have read it.
- When your internship is complete you will need to send an Internship Evaluation Form filled out by your supervisor to the Internship Coordinator.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please direct them to Professor Cindy Murillo, Internship Coordinator.
Interdisicplinary Liberal Arts majors cross disciplinary boundaries by exploring the larger human and global community. Education Abroad is an incredible opportunity to open those boundaries even further by immursing yourself in a different culture. The Education Abroad Office sends over 1,600 abroad each year to over 80 countries, which means that there is an opportunity that will fit just about any interest! Listed below is a shortlist of featured Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts major Education Abroad programs.
Interdisciplinary Liberals Arts Major Education Abroad Featured Programs
- Communication in Rome, Italy
- Energy Transitions in Europe
- Paris, France
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Brussels, Belgium
- International Internship Program - Dublin, Ireland
- Kansai Gaidai University - Hirakata, Japan
- Liberal Arts and Community Engagement in Todos Santos, Mexico
- Massey University - North Island, New Zealand (Exchange)
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Palmerston North, New Zealand
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Semester at Sea
- Theatre & the Arts in London - London, England, UK
- Universität Bamberg, Bamberg, Germany (Exchange)
- University of Exeter - Exeter, England, UK (Exchange)
- University of Tasmania - Hobart, Australia (Exchange)
Please visit the Education Abroad page to get started on your journey. Here you can learn about scholarship opportunities, learn about many other Education Abroad programs, and set up an appointment to speak with a Education Abroad Peer Advisor!